A New Way to Process & Manage VA Benefits
Built to Address the Complexities of Managing VA Funding in Higher Education
Certforce was designed specifically for the processing of VA and TA benefit programs which address enrollment certification issues and changes in enrollment issues often found during a VA audit. This is done by creating software architecture specific to the regulations of each benefit program to include an internal verification check to address any changes after enrollment has been reported to the VA.
Let Certforce Help Address Certification Issues
Addresses General Issues
- Lack of internal controls by SCO for monitoring pursuit during terms to meet the 30-day reporting timeliness
- Lack of relationship between SCO and Business Office regarding Chapter 33 tuition and fee evidence necessary for certifications and changes
- SCO has no institutional access to student financial records
Enrollment Certification Issues
- Blended/hybrid subjects incorrectly certified as resident
- Non-standard terms scheduled with quarter or semester that are not separately certified when the student is also enrolled in other credits for the full-term
- Certifying remedial or deficiency credits when pursuit is on-line
- Certifying subjects that do not apply to the degree or diploma program
- Tuition and fees that are not confirmed or verified (sources must be student account ledger) with Business Office before certifying enrollment to VA
- Insufficient or no academic evaluation for prior credit transfer
- Concurrent enrollment issue – no documentation at parent institution to grant secondary institution subject; parent institution not obtaining grade reports from institution
Changes in Enrollment Issues
- Failure to report credit load reduction (withdrawals) within 30 days
- Failure to report end of term non-punitive grades
- Failure to report unearned F grades and effective dates
- Failure to report when student cancels registration or completely withdraws during a term
Regulation Verification Plugins Options
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (R) – Chapter 33
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (R) Transfer of Entitlement – Chapter 33 TOE
- Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (MGIB-AD) – Chapter 30
- Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) – Chapter 1606
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program
(DEA) – Chapter 35
In addition to the integration of Certforce for processing VA and TA benefits, institutions can request custom add-ons to help manage other programs such as VetGap, State Tuition Assistance programs, or other state-level programs.
Have comfort knowing that the system will alert you of potential violations in regulations such as certifying a remedial online course.
IT Support Solutions
Let GY6 Business Solutions support your IT needs when tracking your military-connected students and processing their VA and DoD education benefits.
Accessing Student Info
Only provide the information needed to those that need it. Certforce is designed with multiple levels of permissions based on the common positions found when managing VA benefits.
Ellucian Partner Program
GY6 Business Solutions is a Technology Partner with Ellucian in its goal of delivering software applications, technology infrastructure, and services that extend, enhance, and integrate with Ellucian’s core solutions.
30 Day Notifications
Let Certforce track those 30-day reporting requirements. The system will automatically sort certification requests from oldest to newest to help maintain VA reporting requirements.